Are you interested in inspecting this property?
Get in touch to request an inspection.
Sustainable and Super Comfortable
- 5 Beds
- 2 Baths
- 3 Cars
Welcome to the future.
Few properties have the sustainable elements, clever design and comfort factor of this home - this is your chance to enjoy all the hard work and thoughtful design inherent in this desirable property.
23 Sarah Reef Road comprises 10 undulating acres with views over the creek and up into the hills beyond, from the sun drenched rear of the house the land unfolds like your own private amphitheatre.
This home is well laid out and has a warm and friendly feel to it. It meanders in a relaxed fashion whilst disguising the many benefits and advantages hidden within the type and design of this building.
The Master Bedroom sits at the Western end of the building featuring a walk-in robe and a very large ensuite with double-vanity. A double shower, spa bath and a sauna make this ensuite a real stand out and it would be a genuine retreat after long hours at the office or in the paddocks.
Three additional large bedrooms are situated in the eastern part of the house and share a bathroom. Every room has floor to ceiling triple glazed windows or doors manufactured to sit within beautiful wood frames - the view comes into every room.
A living area and the study are, together with the master bedroom, separated by a mud brick wall from the large Kitchen/Dining area. Along with all the right appliances there is a charming wood stove located under the racked ceiling - there is also a roof window in this central room that can be opened remotely to regulate house temperature and additional light.
The inside temperature during the last year has sat between 17 and 25 degrees, consistently - without any heating, just the make up of this solar passive home. Other stand out ideas that help make this house a winner include the deep wrap around verandah, the solar passive placement, the power and water solar systems along with the large and fitted shed with 3 phase power.
There are many other features within this bespoke home as the following list demonstrates;
- Gas cooktop
- Electric Oven
- A large walk in pantry
- Asko dishwasher
- Breakfast bar
- North facing window and doors
- Open Plan Kitchen and Family room
This environmentally friendly Straw Bale home is close to super insulated with:
- Half metre-thick load bearing straw bale walls that are estimated to provide between R6 - R9 insulation.
- R8 (2XR4) insulation in the ceiling under colorbond roof
- Some mud brick internal walls for the thermal mass with R2 insulation in every other internal wall to minimize noise and increase comfort.
- Triple glazed tilt and turn windows
- A bespoke entrance door and a triple glazed window/door to the large fenced backyard.
- Layout that allows for good cross ventilation
- Daikin 3-phase split system RC A/C (zoned) is available buy rarely used
- Small centrally located wood heater for winter comfort that heats the whole house
- Raked ceiling to collect summer heat and let it out through a double glazed skylight window.
- Solar tube hot water
- Solar: 3.72 KW JA 310 Enphase 250 Micro-inverter system
- Concrete slab with laminated floors in the bedrooms, living room and study for comfort and with tiles in the other areas for durability and ease of maintenance.
- In-floor electrical heating in the ensuite and the bathroom for comfort
The property also has:
-2 car garage 6450x5900 mm with remote door opener
-2.5m wide veranda with excellent shading around most of the house
-Leafless guttering to minimize fire risks
-One 120kl water tank with water pump and a covered water purification system that includes filter and ultraviolet
- community bore and dam gives access to non-portable water used for the garden ($350 per annum for 365,000 litres, more available if needed)
- worm farm for sewerage
- 74 m2 shed with one room insulated as a music studio.
One 3-phase outlet is available in the shed.
- roof area for water collection that, including the shed, is 500m2
The possibility to connect petrol/diesel generator to the house to supply power to part of the house and water pump in case of power failure.
- separate petrol pump at the tank for fire protection of the house through 4 fire fighting outlets.
An external spa bath located on the veranda in the west that stays.
-large dog pound separated and fenced within the backyard fence
Currently on a 24/6 Mbps wireless broadband connection through OOKI.
-The wood heater is a Jotul 3CB
-The R/C AC is from Bell-airhwick) Daikin FDYQ160 Inverter with additional boost heat elements. There are three zones
Zone 1: Bedroom 1
Zone 2: Living and study
Zone 3:Bedroom 2,3 &4
-In addition there is an ERV IC 100 Heat Exchanger (in and out through the ''mushroom'' that can be seen on the roof.
For directions to this property turn off Macs Reef Road onto Denly Drive and right onto Birchmans Grove and take the first right onto Sarah Reef Road
To arrange a private appointment or fo...
3 garage spaces
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.